Pipestone CreekPhoto by Dorothy Monteith
- Secured in May 2012
- 104 Acres
- Located in Wetaskiwin County, near Coal Lake
Wildlife and Habitat
- This unique property is located near Coal Lake and borders a creek, including an ox bow lake.
- This property features several vegetation community types, including spruce woodlands, aspen parkland and dry grasslands that feature plants not commonly found this far north in Alberta.
- Home of deer, great blue heron, cedar waxwings and hermit thrush.
- Acquiring this property ensures that the creek and riparian area (creek edge) are protected and can function as a corridor for wildlife movement.
- Keeping the creek surrounding natural ensures a healthy watershed, and in turn, a healthy water supply.