Any type of donation, big or small, helps EALT conserve natural areas in the Edmonton region. You can help us do this by organizing your own fundraiser, and spread awareness about us at the same time.
What type of event?
You can hold any type of event you like, ranging from something simple to more complex. Some examples include:
- Bottle drive – collect bottles and cans and donate the refundable deposits
- Paintball fundraiser – organize a fundraiser through the Edmonton Paintball Centre
- 50/50 raffle – sell tickets and donate half the amount collected to EALT and draw a winner for the rest
- Snowball or other ‘fight’ – charge for each snowball and divide into teams
- Bake sale or lemonade stand – invite your neighbours to purchase some treats
- Garage sale – collect items and sell them from your back yard
- Tea party – host a party and request a donation from your guests
- Pie eating contest – charge an entry fee and donate the proceeds
- Nature walk – lead an interpretive nature walk, looking for plants, birds or other signs of wildlife
- Exercise class – lead an exercise class (e.g. Zumba, aerobics, strollercise) and charge a fee to participate
- Hockey or basketball tournament – organize a tournament and donate the entry fees
- Dance party – organize a dance and charge an entrance fee
- Murder mystery – organize a Murder Mystery party and charge an entrance fee
- Birthday or anniversary donations - ask friends and family to donate instead of give gifts
How can we help you?
- To facilitate collection of donations, you can create an online fundraising page through CanadaHelps. Simply create a CanadaHelps account and select Edmonton and Area Land Trust as your charity. Donations made this way will be directed straight to us, and donors can receive a tax receipt immediately.
- Provide you with information on EALT to help you communicate the cause.
- Provide you with an electronic copy of our logo to use in promoting your event.
- Assist with promoting your event through social media and newsletters.
- Donations over $25 are eligible for a tax receipt. If applicable, you may use this pledge sheet to collect donations.
- If possible, EALT staff or board members may be able to attend or participate.
- Please note that we cannot provide funds or assistance with organizing your event.
What do we ask of you?
- Let us know you’re interested in fundraising by contacting us.
- Keep us informed about your fundraiser so we can provide general guidance.
- Please don’t alter our logo.
- If you are raising money for another organization at the same time, please let us know during your planning stage.
- Be sure to tell participants how much of their money will be going to EALT, in either a dollar amount or a percentage (e.g. $10 from every registration fee, 100% of the proceeds).
- Take lots of photos and videos and share them with us so that we can show others how fun and easy it can be to help out EALT!
Things to remember
- Take care in planning your event, including budget, location, and getting any necessary permissions.
- Promote your event! Post it on social media, distribute flyers and put up signs.
- Thank your participants after your event.