It's almost the end of the year, which means that it is the start of a whole new one soon too! What a great time to bundle up, head outside, look at some wildlife, and think about all of the fun times you had this year playing outside and being in nature!
What You'll Need
- A clear mind
- An outdoor space
What to Do
- Go outside and find a quiet space where you can think.
- Think about all of the fun times you had this year, especially the ones when you were outside in nature. Take a few minutes to remember all of the great things you did. Share some of your favourite memories with your family or friends that are with you.
- Now, take a few minutes to observe the nature that is around you. Use your 5 senses!
- What do you see? Maybe there are tracks on the ground.
- What do you hear? Are there any birds chirping around you?
- What do you feel? Is the snow hard and crunchy or soft and fluffy?
- What do you smell? Maybe there's a big pine tree you could smell.
- What do you taste? Take a deep breath in through your mouth, how does the air taste? Is it snowing? Try and catch a snowflake on your tongue.
The pictures below might remind you of some of the fun adventures you had this year.
Remember the time when you...
- What are some things that you want to do outside next year?
- Are there any fun things that you did outside this year that you want to do again next year?
- What was your favourite memory about this year?