Enjoy collecting materials to create a natural name sign. Perfect to do when camping, exploring a local ravine, or even playing in your back yard.
- Heavy paper or cardstock
- White glue
- Nature items - leaves, berries, twigs, etc.
- Go outside in nature and find items that can be used to create the letters of your name. Look for ones that are long and narrow or that can be lined up neatly, such as sticks, seeds, leaves, grass, evergreen needles, berries.
- On a piece of paper, print your name in large letters.
- Cut the nature items you collected into smaller pieces, if necessary.
- Carefully trace a line of white glue along your name, and stick your nature items onto the glue.
Thanks to EALT volunteers Linnea Ward and Carol MacKay-Matak for creating this kids activity.