The purpose of the Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) is to establish a relationship with a varied group of young people, to better understand the conservation-related issues that matter to them, and to learn how better to communicate with young people in the region and engage them in our work in conservation.
Answer yes to all of these questions:
- Are you between the ages of 18 and 30?
- Are you interested in conservation of natural areas in the Edmonton region?
- Are you eager to learn about and support the important work of land conservation?
- Maximum of two half day sessions per year (~3 hours each).
- First Meeting: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 from 10 am to 1 pm.
- Members of the YAC will meet for up to two half-day sessions (3 hours, including lunch) to discuss a topic that will be given to them at least one week before.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Kory deGroot at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 22, 2018.
In your cover letter, please include the answers to these questions:
- Why would you like to be a member of the YAC?
- Further to this, what do you hope to get from membership of the YAC?
- What environmental or conservation issues (pick one or two) matter to you or are interesting to you?
- What strengths do you have that will contribute to the YAC?
Thank you for your interest!